Re: WEBSERVER 2.1: no-cache possible???

From: Steve McAllister <smcallister_at_nw.lucent.com>
Date: 1997/06/23

Steve Chell wrote:

> Hi all. With Oracle Webserver 2.1, is it possible
> to construct NON-CACHED web pages with the supplied
> PL/SQL toolkit? I imagine this would be a very
> common requirement for database-related web pages
> since the underlying data can be quite volatile,
> but I can't find a way of doing it.
>
> I use:
> htp.p('<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">');
> in the page header, but this does not seem to have
> any effect. The user has to specifically hit the
> reload button on their browser to cause the page to
> refresh properly.
>
> Has anyone gotten this to work????
>
> Thanks,
> Steve Chell
> slc_at_stevensons.co.nz

I am not sure I understand your question. You did not mention if the page requests were for HTML or for PLSQL stored procedures. If you are calling stored procedures there is no caching as far as I know. We use Netscape as our HTTP server and have no problems. Does you client use a Proxy Server?

Steve McAllister Received on Mon Jun 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT