Re: Getting long dates

From: Jamie Keir <jkerr_at_jameswatt.ac.uk>
Date: 1997/06/23

 Martyn C. wrote in article <01bc7dba$3c318a80$99567ec2_at_cavett.globalnet.co. uk>...
>Jason -
>
>If you want to affect the whole database (instance) then you want to
>redefine: NLS_DATE_FORMAT with the format that you want (MM/DD/YY
HH24:MI),

This is fine in theory but when I tried this recently I found that many of our applications choked - they'd been hardcoded to accept dates of 8 characters, not 10.

Perhaps we could persuade the world to use hexadecimal dates and put the milennium problem off for a while?

Jamie Keir Received on Mon Jun 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT