Re: Oracle vs Microsoft SQL Server

From: Donne You <dy_at_gomez.physics.lsa.umich.edu>
Date: 1997/06/22

In article <33A81839.41E2_at_panther.gsu.edu> Min Zhu <gs01mmz_at_panther.gsu.edu> writes:
>We are selecting a database for our new project, the candidate for our
>database is Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server. Our design team are like to
>use Oracle, but some of our clients want us to use Microsoft SQL Server.
>Is there anyone can give me comparison between these two database,
>especial the futures Oracle has and Microsoft don't. Any inputs are
>welcome, please send me via e-mail, my e-mail address is
>gs01mmz_at_panther.gsu.edu. Thank you very much.

if you plan to run your database on UNIX, then go with Oracle. if you plan to use NT and this system is going to be short lived, Oracle might be a good choice as well. but if the system will exist for 10 years or more and NT is your platform, your only choice is NT SQL Server. you have to look at the long term benefits. Received on Sun Jun 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT