Sizing Server Boxes. What are the well known rules of Thumb?

From: Craig Pinegar <cpinegar_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/06/21

Does anybody know where I can find a set of rules for determining the correct number of CPU's and Disks I should have to support a production database if I know parameters like number of users, number and size of tablespaces, rollback segments, etc., etc.

Does Oracle or the major hardware vendors: IBM, DEC, HP, DG, Alpha, Intel, etc. have any information on the subject?

How does one begin to find the answer to this question? Received on Sat Jun 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT