Re: Workstation Server - What is it?

From: Miles Thomas <thomasm_at_>
Date: 1997/06/21

Richard J Woodland <richwoodland_at_interfacefamily.com> wrote in article <33A9712A.5C90_at_interfacefamily.com>...
> Vic Thomas wrote:
> >
> > noname <notme_at_aol.com> wrote in article
> > <5o9u9r$hqk$1_at_gryphon.phoenix.net>...
> > > I have a client that wants me to build a 20,000 record database
> > > for remote user access on a windows nt server. He was told that
 [SNIPPAGE]
> > --
> > - Vic
> > vic04_at_sprynet.com
>
> And the Oracle home page (http://www.oracle.com) has 60-day trial
> versions of both Oracle Workgroup Server and the Developer/2000 product
> that you'd probably want to use to develop the front-end stuff.

As far as I can tell, Workgroup Server = Enterprise server without options such as symetric replication, and only available on smaller platforms (with a smaller license minimum and smaller per user/connection charge).

--
Miles Thomas
Logica UK Ltd