Proc C Dynamic SQL - Parameterized SQL statements

From: <karthikn_at_cyberdude.com>
Date: 1997/06/20

Hello,

    Is there any advantage in terms of speed, cache hits etc. if I use the parameterized version of dynamic SQLs, ie., construct and pass in values thru SQLDA instead of
building the values directly into the SQL string. To illustrate :-

     Will the following statement be less efficient

      "SELECT A,B FROM SOMETABLE WHERE A = 10"      as oppossed to

       "SELECT A,B FROM SOMETABLE WHERE A = : x "

       and I pass in the value of x thru SQLDA.

        The one benifit at my application level is that I can reuse the SQLDA again and again. But I am wondering about any performance benefits from the Oracle Server in
terms of improved cache hits or any other. I do not know much about Oracle caching.

Thank you for your replies
Karthi