Quesion on RDO 2.0 / Oracle Stored Procedures

From: Michael Rogers <mike.rogers_at_exmi01.exch.eds.com>
Date: 1997/06/20

How do you pass array data to an Oracle stored procedure via RDO 2.0? How should
the PL/SQL input parameter datatype and code be configured to loop through the array?

I am in the front end of developing a large (150 entity) VB5 to Oracle 7.3 on NT application.

The past few weeks I have RDO working well with Oracle for connections, queries, and single parameter stored procedure calls for updating.

Due to network traffic and amount of database updates per form (using grid processing) , I'm currently developing code to pass arrays/collections to an Oracle stored procedure via RDOand return status back of each row processed to the VB5 application. Any ideas/examples would help much (even with other dbms products). I'm looking for VB5 as well as Oracle pl/sql ideas/code.

Thanks in advance, Mike. Received on Fri Jun 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT