Getting long dates

From: Jason C Miller <jm+_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: 1997/06/20

I'm trying to get Oracle queries to return long dates format (actually, I'm pref'ing to "MM/DD/YY HH24:MI" if possible. Normal queries seem to give me just the date. I've tried many combinations of "in" and the "to_char" function, but I'm hoping I've missed out on a much easier way. Perhaps even a way to make this default for the entire database and not just a given query.

I'm using OWS 7.3 and WebServer (WebApp Server if you will) and would like to easily be able to query with the long dates. It would be extra wonderful if I didn't need to change the included Oracle "tablePrint" command to bring up this data (or do some type of view select for each table, which is just as ugly IMO).

Thanks in advance,
Jason

|\\|        Jason Miller             |//| jm_at_andrew.cmu.edu   VOX  412/862-3576
|//| Information Systems & Comp Sci  |\\| jason_at_halotech.com  BIZ  412/361-HALO
|\\|   Carnegie Mellon University    |//|                     FAX  412/361-8399
   In the end we will conserve only what we love, we will love only what we
          understand, we will understand only what we are taught.