Oracle remote calls - timeout

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/06/20

How do I alter the timeout allowed for a remote database call?

I'd like to have a short timeout when I perform my remote call, so that I can detect that the remote database is unavailable and take appropriate action.

At the moment, the timeout seems to be forever...

Amdy

Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request