Re: Replicating LONG

From: Doug Anderson <dathedba_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/06/20

"Chang H. Im" <chim_at_cisco.com> wrote:

>Oracle7 document says that LONG column cannot be
>replicated through snapshot.
>How do people replicate LONG data?
>I am new to Oracle replication and I'd appreciate
>any suggestions. I am also interested in response
>from Oracle on this.

You might look into using a PL/sql procedure to perform the copy. I think I remember that a PL/sql LONG datatype can hold up to 32,760 bytes of the original LONG from the database. As long as the database column doesn't come close to that in actual values then you should be able to do it with PL/sql.