Re: What's Prespawned Shadows in SQL*Net V2?

From: Miles Thomas <thomasm_at_>
Date: 1997/06/19

Mr. Chow Wing Siu <wschow_at_Comp.HKBU.Edu.HK> wrote in article <5oa23q$80q$1_at_power42t.hkbu.edu.hk>...

It controls the number of 'spare' processes the listener maintains to accept connection requests. Basically, the listener spawns these spare processes, which then wait aroung until needed. This can speed connection time, since otherwise the listener has to spawn a new process for each request.

Its not needed for all platforms; I dont think it helps much with NT, for instance.

--
Miles Thomas
Logica UK Ltd