Re: How to change SID

From: David Kaiser <davidk_at_sfmic.com>
Date: 1997/06/18

This can be done fairly easily (I've done it, but need to find the scripts I created).

What you end up doing is creating a new initxxx.ora file (obviously) and changing the control files. There is a command that creates an ASCII version of the control files. I do remember that Oracle was not very happy about us doing this, so it may not be a good thing to do for a production database.

--

| David Kaiser                          | e-mail: davidk_at_sfmic.com      |

MCR <mrush_at_hertz.com> wrote in article
<01bc7b54$2b8a8960$163f04d8_at_mrush.hertz.com>...