Re: How to force a flush of dbms_output.put_line

From: Sergey V. Fedorishin <sfedor01_at_grads.fiu.edu>
Date: 1997/06/18

Vijay Darekar (vijayd_at_worldnet.att.net) wrote: [snip]

: dbms_output.put_line won't print until the procedure is over.
: About the fopen problem. Are you using utl_file package provided oracle
: then check the parameter in the setup.
: I forgot the exact parameter name but you can find out from the
: parameter table by using

: select name, value
: from v$parameter
: where name like '%file%'

: You need to set that parameter as the path name in the init_ora. The
: utl_file utility will read/write only from/in that directory.

Thank you, I already found that it was not set properly in init_ora (or init.ora) and it takes a time to reset and restart. But what is interesting about fopen, the ID and LOCATION have same position #, and record and ID have different pos #. Any comments? Or it is just our installation...

ARGUMENT_NAME                    POSITION   SEQUENCE DATA_LEVEL DATA_TYPE
                                        0          1          0 PL/SQL RECORD
ID                                      1          2          1 BINARY_INTEGER
LOCATION                                1          3          0 VARCHAR2
FILENAME                                2          4          0 VARCHAR2
OPEN_MODE                               3          5          0 VARCHAR2

SQL>
: Vijay Darekar

--
-Sergey.