Re: Hot backup question

From: Steve Adams <steveadams_at_acslink.net.au>
Date: 1997/06/18

Hi Paulo,

You just need to use the "until cancel" syntax on the recover database command, and then cancel immediately. You can then do a resetlogs open of the database, which will restore it to the last transaction consistent state before the end of the backup. Of course, you will need then to take a new baseline backup to enable you to roll forward through any subsequently generated redo.

HTH, Steve Adams