Re: Oracle7 Networking Question

From: Muli Koppel <mkoppel_at_barakitc.co.il>
Date: 1997/06/17

Hello,

yes there is a way if your clients are WINDOWS 95 or NT workstatisons:

Enter the REGISTERY for ORACLE
  (Regedit --> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SOFTWARE --> ORACLE)

  at the ORACLE level, add the following key :

             LOCAL=instance_name

at your given example

             LOCAL=SERVER this way you'll be able to write sqlplus SCOTT/TIGER.

so long,

Muli Koppel

An independent DBA

Dave Wilga <dwilga_at_erols.com> wrote in article <33a8c41a.10745991_at_news.erols.com>...