Re: working with LONG RAW datatype

From: Doug Anderson <dathedba_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/06/17

Balakrishnan Subramanian <bala.subramanian_at_mci.com> wrote:
>You need to write a proc program to read the binary file and insert it
>into long raw column. There is a sample program in the directory
>$ORACLE_HOME/proc/demo/sample4.pc. you can make use of it.

We use SQL*Loader to load the LONG RAW (BLOBs). There are some gotchas though. You have to guarantee there are no CR/LF (line breaks) in your data, otherwise Loader won't know that the row has ended. Also, Loader is too stupid to allow each row to be variable length. You have to declare the exact length of every row in the control file.