Re: JDBC/OCI7 Driver

From: Marcel Pfeifer <mpfeifer_at_de.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/06/17

Ken Parker <kparker_at_bacadv.nospam> wrote:

>Ifatec wrote:
>> The driver load, the database connection and the statement creation are
>> fine but java (JDK 1.1) rejects the execute query with the following
>> message:
>>
>> java.lang.IllegalAccessError: Unimplemented interface method
>> at oracle.jdbc.OracleStatement.executeQuery(OracleStatement.java:114)
>> at Reg.main(Reg.java:28)
>gotta use jdk 1.02 - I have it succesfully up and running with 1.02 -
>they say it will be available for 1.1 shortly (june/july?)

Hi there,
it's true, due to one in JDK1.1 no longer implemented protection level (I think it's "private protected"), you'll still have to use JDK1.0.2. We have the 1.1 version working internally - won't be very long anymore for you to wait for it...

Bye!

Marcel Pfeifer,        ORACLE Stuttgart Tel: +49-711-72840-120
Sales Consultant                     e-mail: mpfeifer_at_de.oracle.com
* The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not *
*         necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.       *