Re: Auto Startup on Novell?

From: Karl M. Nordquist <karln_at_brightwood.com.stopspam>
Date: 1997/06/16

Tom,

Create a NCF file (or put it in your ORALOAD.NCF) like: STARTUP.NCF
load svrmgr @admin\startup.sql

Then your STARTUP.SQL should look like:
set instance s:sid
connect internal/password_at_dbname
startup pfile=sys:\oranw73\database\initsid.ora exit

The sid is the instance name and the dbname is the SQLNet 2 alias. You must also have it connect to the database via a IPC connect string, so we have two: one for client connects and one for startup/shutdown connections.

HTH //Karl

Please remove '.stopspam' from the end of my address if you want to reply directly.
Thanks.
Karl M. Nordquist		karln_at_brightwood.com
Application Development
Bright Wood Corporation         Madras, Oregon