Re: Interview Question

From: Tony Damon <bfntd_at_aimnet.com>
Date: 1997/06/16

Steve Dover (killspam.swd_at_strata-group.com) wrote:
: Frank Hubeny wrote:
: >
: > I have been able to eliminate about 50% of the candidates that get
: > past nontechnical screenings by simply asking them if they can do an
: > "hello world" program in the language in which they claim to be expert.
: >
: > So, the first question I would ask someone who claims to be expert in
: > SQL on Oracle would be
: >
: > Display the string "hello world" in SQL*Plus.
: >
: > --
: > Frank Hubeny
: > fhubeny_at_ntsource.com
: > Wheaton, IL 60187
:
: I did not see the obvious, how about:
:
: SELECT "hello world" FROM dual
: /
:
: Cheers.

PROMPT "hello world"

host echo '"hello world"'

!echo '"hello world"'

set sqlprompt "hello world"

Tony Damon Received on Mon Jun 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT