Re: inserting quote into column

From: Nutrino <cavett_at_anonymous.com>
Date: 1997/06/14

Ron -

Enclose your quotes in 'quotes' if they are embedded in a string. ie.

' COMPLETE THE YELLOW APPLICATION FOR MASTER'S DEGREE AND DIPLOMA', should be
' COMPLETE THE YELLOW APPLICATION FOR MASTER'''S DEGREE AND DIPLOMA',
or perhaps
' COMPLETE THE YELLOW APPLICATION FOR MASTER''S DEGREE AND DIPLOMA', -
I can't remember off-hand and don't have acces to an ORACLE dbase at home to test this, but one or other of the suggestions given will work.

These views are my own and not those of my employer. Normal conditions apply.
nb. anonymous return address used - please replace reply address with one given above.

Ron Heeb <ron.heeb_at_csun.edu> wrote in article <ron.heeb-ya02408000R1306970901570001_at_dnews.csun.edu>...
> the following insert gives me an error because i am trying to include a
> single quote within the string:
>
> insert into xxx values ('13','A','28',
> ' COMPLETE THE YELLOW APPLICATION FOR MASTER'S DEGREE AND
 DIPLOMA','ADREC
> ');

<snip>

 Ron Heeb, Webmaster