Re: TNSNAMES.ORA shared location

From: Allan Taunt <allant_at_gis.co.nz>
Date: 1997/06/13

Zdenka,

If you are running 16-bit Oracle client software put the entry TNS_ADMIN=OracleNetFilesLocation
 alternatively if you are running 32-bit Oracle client software put the registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\TNS_ADMIN=OracleNetFilesLo cation
where OracleNetFilesLocation is the path to the tnsnames.ora file (eg. K:\Orant\Network\Admin or \\ServerName\PathName)

To automatically put the entries in the registry create the file ShareTNS.reg (note the extra \'s for the UNC path) with the following lines, and then simply run it:
-----snip-----
REGEDIT4 ; This file is used in conjunction with the Regedit utility to specify the location
; for the Oracle SQL*Net configuration files.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE]
"TNS_ADMIN"="\\\\ServerName\\PathName"

Hope this helps.

Allan Taunt.

Global Information Solutions
Christchurch
New Zealand.

 diversif wrote in article <01bc7736$05a6fb60$8b98b8cd_at_newmicronpc>...