Using OO4O

From: Dick Willis <rmw_at_synchrony.com>
Date: 1997/06/13

I have created a routine that will call a PL/SQL function using OO4O (WinNT VB5 Pro). When the procedure is run on the server only, in an internal loop created from a SQL script, it achieves anywhere from 20 to 100 inserts/second, depending on the degree of cachability of the function parameters. When I call it, over SQLNet from my machine, it drops to approximately 3 to 4/second. I haven't completely finished the investigation of the difference between the two looping codes, so there could be some differences in the scripted loop and the VB loop. But, in general, does anybody know of any inherent limitations in OO4O that will limit my transaction speed? Is 3 to 4/second on a P166 64MB machine decent using SQLNet? I hope that I have done something wrong --- Dick Willis
Senior Engineer, Synchrony Industrial Controls

rmw_at_synchrony.com
Phone: (540) 989-1541
Fax: (540) 989-0467
http://www.synchrony.com Received on Fri Jun 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT