Problem: SQLPLus hangs whole database

From: MAX M. MAGLIARO <mmm_at_icf.hrb.com>
Date: 1997/06/13

Environment:

	Oracle 7.1.5.2.3
	DEC Alpha OpenVMS V6.2

Problem:
	Intermittently, if I get into SQLPlus, and execute an update,
	insert or delete, and I COMMIT it, other applications can be
	totally locked out of the database (hang on update, inserts, etc)
	and sometimes cannot even connect to the database until
	I EXIT from SQLPlus.

	It does not always happen, but when it does it is devastating.
	It behaves as though every table has an exclusive lock on it.

Is this a known bug? Has anyone else seen this?

--
Max Magliaro
MMM_at_ICF.HRB.COM

"Not Roy Orbison's Musical Bum! It's Roy Orbison's Music AL-bum!"