Re: Create a SQL script used to create a new copy of a user's schema.

From: Steve Adams <steveadams_at_acslink.net.au>
Date: 1997/06/13

On 11 Jun 1997 09:16:39 GMT, "Miles Thomas" <thomasm@"at".logica."dot".com> wrote:

>Gerard H. Pille <gerard_h_pille_at_hotmail.com> wrote in article
><01bc75de$a9c23d80$3e0d4ac1_at_pcghp>...
>> An export without data should do the trick, no?
>>
>No it will not.
>
>Bill needs to edit the storage parameters on the create table etc
>statements, and you cant do that with an dataless export. There are
>parameters to imp which will produce craete index statements etc, but not
>table definitions, ISTR.

The export file does contain the DDL, but as Thomas points out, import only helps you get at the index definitions, not everything else. I have found that the Unix strings(1) command can be used to extract all the SQL, but it then needs a bit of work with something like awk or perl to make it useable.

HTH, Steve Adams Received on Fri Jun 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT