Re: Oracle vs. Sybase

From: Matt Van Rensburg <mattvan_at_usa.net>
Date: 1997/06/13

Hi Jon

This is not a reply to the original post, but maybe a suggestion to your build up of stp's. I don't know whether you have done this already, but there is an option in your ODBC driver to set which does not cause stp to be created..You should see a difference in performance.

For MS SQL server driver - under options, deselect checkbox for "Generate stp for prepare statement"

For Sybase SQL server driver - under Advanced, Performance set Prepare Method to "2-Full"

I have had this problem with another product and I could not believe the performance improvement I got.

Cheers
Matt Van Rensburg
mattvan_at_usa.net