Re: PROC Ver 2.2 - VARCHAR contents not properly overwritten

From: Christoph Ganz <ganz_at_ids-scheer.de>
Date: 1997/06/13

Corin Lanser wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My problem is that when I have an array of the standard VARCHAR strings.
> If I get Oracle to put data into the array more than once, the previous
> data is only overwritten UPTO the length of the new data string.

Yep, that's the way it's being done by the libraries. You could either check the length of the selected data (a VARCHAR type precompiles into a C-structure containing a length field 'len' and a data field 'arr') or simply do a memset(buffer,0,sizeof(buffer)) before fetching the data. Good luck,
Chris

--
Christoph Ganz
IDS Prof. Scheer GmbH