Oracle newbie question

From: Alex Kac <alex_at_WebIS.net>
Date: 1997/06/13

I'm kind of new to Oracle, having used other SQL Dbs before.

My question is how would one provide an automatic time/date stamp on a column as a row is being inserted?

I thought of using Triggers to do this, but thought that there must be a more correct way. Thanks. Received on Fri Jun 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT