Full Mirroring and Oracle?

From: Muli Koppel <mkoppel_at_barakitc.co.il>
Date: 1997/06/12

Hello,

Wh have two unix machines, one Primary, the other one Backup. Full RAID is implemented, so each bit written to the Primary is backed up to the Backup simultaneously.

Let alone, the Backup machine has an equal File System structure and naming conventions.

Will I be able to start the Oralce on the Backup Machine after a Primary crash?

(I'm trying to avoid using a standby database).

Any experience concerning this matter will be very very appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Muli Koppel,

BARAK ITC Received on Thu Jun 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT