Legacy DB-to-Web Connectivity

From: Richard A. Valdez <rvaldez_at_unm.edu>
Date: 1997/06/12

Hi All,

I am currently trying to figure out how to access data from a legacy database and supply this information to Oracle WebServer. We are using Designer/2000 to generate the Web page and would like to query against IDMS data on MVS for validity checking. Here are more specifics:

Oracle WebServer v2.0 (Version 3.0 will have an ODBC cartridge) Oracle7 DB Version 7.3.2.3
SQL*Net Version 2.3
Server IBM RS6000-Model 370 IBM AIXv4.1 running UNIX Accessing Oracle DB with PL/SQL cartridge on WebServer How to access Mainframe DB CA-IDMS running on MVS

As noted, Oracle WebServer v3.0 will have an ODBC cartridge built-in but we must go to production soon. Any recommended solutions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks…Richard

Richard A. Valdez email: rvaldez_at_unm.edu University of New Mexico phone: (505) 277-8057 2701 Campus Blvd. NE fax: (505) 277-8101 Albuquerque, NM 87131