Re: Server Manager with PO7 for W95

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1997/06/12

On Wed, 11 Jun 1997 15:01:56 -0600, anupcomp_at_giasbm01.vsnl.net.in wrote:

>How do I start the Server manager in the screen mode? Everytime I start
>it, it goes into the line mode. I have Server Utilities 7.3.2 installed
>from the PO7 for W95 trial version downloaded from the Oracle Website.
>
>Anup.

>Anup Jalan
>
>Anup Computers Tel : 91-22-364 7992
>33, Shankar Sagar Fax : 91-22-363 6176
>Sophia College Road
>Bombay 400 026 email : anupcomp_at_giasbm01.vsnl.net.in
>INDIA

AFAIK you can't. Server Manager, the replacement of former SQL*DBA, as shipped in later versions of Oracle servers is only a character based tool and I couldn't find any way to run it in screen mode. So if I'm right you can say good bye to monitors that SQL*DBA was offering in screen mode.

But there was a GUI version of SVRMGR shipped with versions 7.1 (not sure about 7.2) as a CLIENT tool. IMHO it's a very decent peace of software, so if you can get one of this older distributions I recommend it to you. It is a 16 bit application, runs fine on Win3.1* and Win95, but I couldn't make it run on NT4.0 (didn't try on NT3.51) without crashing constantly. The version I was using was 2.1.4.

I suppose Oracle stopped working on as they started to push forward its big brother - Oracle Enterprise Manager.

Regards,

Jurij Modic                             Republic of Slovenia
tel: +386 61 178 55 14                  Ministry of Finance
fax: +386 61  21 45 84                  Zupanciceva 3
e-mail: jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si Ljubljana 1000