Personal Oracle7.3.2.1.1 has password on INTERNAL account.

From: <Richard_Popovich_at_Whittman-Hart.com>
Date: 1997/06/11

I recently installed Personal Oracle7.3.2.1.1 on Win95, along with DES1.3.2.2. I wanted to run the CATPROC.SQL script from SQLPLUS. I logged on as SYSTEM; however, the script generated erros stating that user SYSTEM had INSUFFICIENT privelages!!

I then read through the BUILDALL.SQL script and noticed that the script logged on as INTERNAL, this script calls CATPROC.SQL. However, this script bombs because it prompts the user for the password on the special user INTERNAL. I did not place a password on this account, the default database came with the restriction on user INTERNAL.

Note that from svrmgr> You do not need a password when CONNECTING as INTERNAL. from SQLPLUS> You DO need to enter a password for user INTERNAL. Thanks in adnvance,

Richard Popovich