Q: File dependencies of SQLPLUS

From: Maurice Bauhahn <bauhahnm_at_csis.gvsu.edu>
Date: 1997/06/11

We recently installed Oracle 7.3.2.2 on HP-UX 10.20 and had it working successfully with SQLPLUS (it was nice to be able to telnet in and test out SQL syntax). However a hard drive malfunctioned and the file system had to be rebuilt. Now immediately after the

Enter password:

response is typed (and we changed the password on a system level around the time of the file rebuilding), the following response appears:

ERROR: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-07429: smsgs: shmget() filed to get segment. UP-UX Error: 2: No such file or directory

Any idea what file/s SQLPLUS is looking for so? The Oracle server process seems to be running. There is no critical data, but on the other hand we are not wild about reinstalling everything again either.

Hopefully,

Maurice Bauhahn
bauhahnm_at_river.it.gvsu.edu Received on Wed Jun 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT