Bitmapped Indexes, Anyone?

From: Stephen Turner <sturner_at_athena.mit.edu>
Date: 1997/06/11

I've read in several press releases, magazine articles and books about a mystical new feature of Oracle 7.3, the bitmapped index. I even saw a description of how to create one of these elusive creatures <CREATE BITMAP INDEX BM_IDX ON TAB_NAME (COLUMN); >

However, none of our 7.3 documentation seems to refer to these objects and I can't issue the above statement in SQL*Plus.

Has anyone out there created such indexes with 7.3 & if so how? Is there a server option which is needed?

We are running Oracle 7.3.2.

Thanks,
Steve Turner. Received on Wed Jun 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT