Re: Designer 2000 Reposity Error(s)

From: Nathan Secrist <nsecrist_at_evolving.com>
Date: 1997/06/11

Greg,

Which version of Oracle are you running? I spent SEVERAL hours running into these same kinds of errors (problems with rmdbg & rmac packages, RME-00223 errors, etc.) during the installation and then after finally getting through to Oracle support I found out that Designer/2000 is not supported
under 7.3.2.2, which was the version of Oracle we were running.

For some reason, Desingner/2000 is not supported under 7.3.2.2, but they do support both 7.3.2.1 and 7.3.2.3. Anyway, after we upgraded to 7.3.2.3 and rebuilt the repository, I haven't had any D/2000 problems since.

The note about not supporting Oracle 7.3.2.2 is buried somewhere in the release notes according to Oracle, although I obviously didn't come across while I was installing Designer/2000.

Hope this helps

gjacobs_at_aiming.net wrote:

> Hello. I just installed Oracles "Web Developer Suite"
> yesterday, which inlcudes Oracle Server 7, v7.3.2.3
> for Windows NT, Web Server 2.1, Interoffice, Designer and
> Developer 2000...
>
> I've got the Reposity installed for the Oracle Admin
> tools, and they work fine.
>
> I just started to install the Designer 2000 package.
>
> I ran the Reposity Install under Designer 2000's
> Admin Utility Window. While running, it gave two errors...
>
> rmdbg.rpb - Package body created with compilation errors
> rmac.rpb - Package body created with compilation errors
>
> ...Perhaps other people have had these, and designer
> works ok. BUT , in my case it doesn't, I wonder if these
> have anything to do with it..
>
> ANYWAYS...while added a new application in the
> "Repository Object Navigator", i get the following errors
> while trying to add an application (and as you know, with
> no application, you can't use or build anything...)
>
> ------
> RME-00223: Failed to open new activity
> RME-00222: Failed to dispatch operation to Repository
> RME-00011: Operation 'open' on ACTIVITY has failed
> RME-00020: Internal API error - ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find
> program unit being called
> ------
>
> Any suggestions, help ideas? I'm out of ideas. I've
> called Oracles Help Lines, only to be put on hold
> long distance for 30+ Minutes. This is un-acceptable...
>
> Thank you in advance for your help, please
> respond via email - gjacobs_at_aiming.net
>
> -Greg, Systems Admin
> Alko Imaging Media Corp.
> Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
> www.aiming.net

Nathan

|  Nathan G. Secrist                                            |
|  Evolving Systems, Inc.     |  Phone: (303) 802-1307          |
|  9777 Mount Pyramid Court   |    Fax: (303) 802-1420          |
|  Englewood, CO 80112        |  Email: nsecrist_at_evolving.com   |

If it doesn't work, don't worry! If it did, you'd be out of a job!