Runaway DBWR process on VMS?

From: Ron <rovel_at_telebyte.nl>
Date: 1997/06/10

Hello,

Every now and again the DBWR process on our OpenVMS 6.2 Alpha seems to go wild.
It takes up 99% of the CPU and is doing no I/O at all. Even more strange: when we lower the priority of this process to 1 (from 4) everything continues normally, and the DBWR process stops wasting our CPU time.
The Oracle version by the way is 7.1.5.? Anyone has an idea what is causing this behavior and how to stop it?

Thanks,

Ron Received on Tue Jun 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT