Re: Visigenic: failed to load VSORAC32.DLL

From: Greg Sigler <siglerg_at_medimmune.com>
Date: 1997/06/10

Urs Reutimann <u.reutimann_at_spectraweb.ch> wrote in article <339BEEBB.7777_at_spectraweb.ch>...
> When trying to install visigenic Oracle ODBC driver (v 2.5, downloaded
> from microsoft) i get the following error:
>
> 'failed to load
> VSORAC32.DLL
> the oracle client and networking components were not found'
>

> We use the following configuration:
> - Win95
> - Oracle client software 3.2.2.2 is installed
> - Oracle ODBC-Driver 1.15.3.1 is installed (But doesn't work)
>
> Server:
> - Netware 3.12
> - Oracle 7.1
> - SQL*NET V1
> - SPX
>
> Any idea?
> Urs Reutimann / Tourdata AG / Zurich

Yeah, I have an idea since I saw the same thing with version 2.08.00.

Even though your client software version sounds right, make sure that SQL*Net 2.2 or better is loaded into memory. Check out the ORACLE_HOME line in Oracle.ini in \Windows and make sure it points to orawin95. Then reboot so the proper version of SQL*Net is loaded BEFORE you try to install the Visigenic driver.

HTH; it works for us...

--

Greg Sigler (siglerg_at_medimmune.com)
MedImmune IT Staff