Re: Location , Webserver 2.0

From: Stian Hundhammer <stian_at_origo.no>
Date: 1997/06/10

Stian Hundhammer wrote:

> I am trying to speed up my web-application, but having problem wherever
> am using a owa_util.redirect_url.
>
> After I've done a call to another site, the next request to my web
> request broker takes awful long time (about 10 - 15 seconds). The same
> thing happens when am doing an
> <listner>/OWA/htp.print?cbuf=Location:+http//www...... , so there is
> nothing wrong with my owa_util package. All the other packages are also
> valid.
>
> Do anyone had this problem? It looks like the time it takes to do the
> request, is of the same amout of time as when I'm doing the first
> request after I've started my web-listener, and there is no error
> message in either owa.err or <listener>.err
>
> Where do I start to look for errors/parameters to fix and so on?
>
> I'm using Oracle 7.3 and WebServer 2.0 on the same machine, an Silicon
> Graphics Indy. The requestbroker is set up with SID-communication (and
> not SQL Net)
>
> So - can anybody help me?

Here is the answer to my own question :

The minimum number of WRB Execution Engines (WRBXs) running was set to 0. This ment that for every time someone jumpt out my application with an Location in the HTML-header, one WRB process died, and it took about 10 seconds to start a new one. This problem is now solved by setting the minimum WRB's to a higher number of processes.

BUT : Even if I sets the minimun processes to 20, they still die one after another when an owa_util.redirect_url occurs. This means that after a while, I'm down to 0 processes anyway. In the docomentation it says : Min

        The minimum number of WRB Execution Engines (WRBXs) running this WRB cartridge that must be running at all times.

Why do they stop running? Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks -

Stian

  Stian Hundhammer      e-mail: stian_at_origo.no

  telephone:
  h : +47 22 46 20 96
  w : +47 22 87 18 81

  web : http://techteam.origo.no/~stian/ Received on Tue Jun 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT