Re: Performance Tools

From: Detlev Goebel <detlev.goebel_at_gzs.de>
Date: 1997/06/06

Olaf Musch wrote:
> =

> sMiLeY wrote:
> >
> > Hello, could some one please tell me what the best performance
> > tools are available?.
> >
> Unfortunally, the best performance-tools for an Oracle-DB are:
> - your brain,
> - your SQL-Scripts
> - your brain
> - your brain
> :-)
> =

> there are many (and i MEAN many) screws to drive in an Oracle-DB and
> every tool handles some of them, but NONE covers all possibilities of
> tuning Oracle.
> There are some books with useful scripts to analyze your system. I use =
> few scripts from D.K. Burleson.
> But the tuning has to be done by yourself. Therefore you can use the
> Oracle Enterprise-Manager parts (NOT the EM itself ;-) ). But to know
> what to tune is best done with intelligent scripting in SQL*Plus or
> SQL*Worksheet.
> =

> Sorry :-)
> =

> Olaf
> =

> --
> =

> Dipl.-Inform. Olaf Musch
> =

> GZS mbH Gesellschaft f=FCr Zahlungssysteme
> Unternehmensbereich Processing
> Abt. AE - CS
> Theodor-Heu=DF-Allee 80
> 60486 Frankfurt
> =

> mailto:Olaf.Musch_at_gzs.de
> http://www.gzs.de
> http://www.eurocard.de

Hello,

you can purchase some tools from the netherland companie called FAMEUS. This are parameter driven PL/SQL Scripts. Once you decide which are the best options for your Database, you can control everything whether they run out of tune or not. This tools are less in price (100 US$).

Adress:

Fameus Automatisering
Donizettipad 10
3816 TG Amersfoort