Re: Oracle Web Server in stand-allone NT machine?

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/06/05

On Mon, 02 Jun 1997 01:01:01 GMT, young_at_smartt.com (young_at_smartt.com) wrote:

>Is it possible to install Oracle Web Server in a stand-allone NT
>machine without network connection except for modem dial-up (PPP)?
>
>If it is possible, what is the setting for Host Name, Web Listener
>Name and Port Number?
>

>Thanks!
>
>SY
>young_at_smartt.com

The only thing you really need to be concerned about is the IP address you have assigned to your stand-alone NT machine. I have a permanent IP address, and is in effect even when I'm not connected to a network (from a DOS window, type "route print").

Just set up some fictitious (but valid) IP address for your machine, and use this as the "name" of your machine when configuring Oracle WebServer.

You can pick any Web Listener name and and any port (as long as it's not reserved).
Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman          Enabling the Information Age through
Oracle Government                Network Computing!
Bethesda, MD                  http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman@us.oracle.com          http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Thu Jun 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT