Is there a transaction ID?

From: Robert Christenson <robertoc_at_fyiowa.infi.net>
Date: 1997/06/05

Is there any unique ID (number or otherwise) that Oracle assigns to a transaction? By transaction, I mean all statements that are processed between commits. Is there a V$.. view or SYS-owned table that has such an ID? V$TRANSACTION doesn't seem to have a unique ID, and I can't find any other reference to transactions.

I'd like to establish triggers on all tables a procedure alters, logging a unique transaction ID, along with the changed columns on the record. I can get the changed columns using :new and :old, but would rather use a database assigned unique ID for the transaction ID if one is available.

Thanks!

Robert Christenson
robertoc_at_fyiowa.infi.net
The Gazette Co. Received on Thu Jun 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT