Re: Can 2 databases on the same machine?

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1997/06/05

On Thu, 05 Jun 1997 09:14:49 +0200, Detlev Goebel <detlev.goebel_at_gzs.de> wrote:

>zhang wrote:
>
>> [SNIP]
>
>Sean,
>
>each user is in need to get the Oracle environment Variables
>ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID and ORACLE_TERM. By changing ORACLE_SID you are
>able to switch between Instances.
>You also need the Control Files to build up for more than one instance.
>You can do this by recreating the control files.
>
>You will find the Scripts for the DBMS stuff in
>$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin.
>The specific file you need is dbmsutil.sql.
>
>Hope this helps

Just a small correction about the last isue: DBMS_STANDARD is actualy created by dbmsstdx.sql, but I think what Zhang realy need is to run catproc.sql which calls all the scripts needed for procedural extention of RDBMS. Both files can be found on $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin as allready mentioned.

Regards,

Jurij Modic                             Republic of Slovenia
tel: +386 61 178 55 14                  Ministry of Finance
fax: +386 61  21 45 84                  Zupanciceva 3
e-mail: jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si Ljubljana 1000