Re: ORA-03121 & Delphi connectivity

From: Rowan McCammon <rowanm_at_intercoast.com.au>
Date: 1997/06/05

[This followup was posted to comp.databases.oracle.server and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <3393773b.14066846_at_news.interlog.com>, dsladden_at_callworks.com says...
> You might not have installed the 16bit routers for Oracle 7.3 at the
> client. I believe that Delphi 1.0 is 16 bits as such you will need to
> installed the Windows (not Win95) routers to get 16bit connectivity.
>
> Good Luck
>

> On 29 May 1997 15:15:19 GMT, cdwaddell_at_aol.com (CDWaddell) wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know what I can do to eliminate this error. I get this error
> >from Delphi 1.0 when I try to connect a DB component to the database. We
> >have Delphi 3.0 C/S and when I connect with Delphi 3.0 I have no problem
> >connecting however, when I connect with Delphi 1.0 I get this error.
> >
> >System Specs.
> > Windows 95 with Netware 32bit client.
> > Delphi 1.0 C/S
> > Oracle 7.3
> >
> > Any suggestions are welcomed.
> >
> >Thanks CDW

Try rebooting your machine. That always works for me. :-)

If that doesn't work it could be lots of things but I would be surprised if it wouldn't work if you methodically check the following.

0. Ping the server.
1. Make sure you have installed 16-bit SQL*Net and can connect through SQL*Plus to the server.
2. Make sure you have installed the latest version of the 16-bit BDE.

3. Make sure you have the latest version of SQL Links
i.e.. the native driver from Borland for Oracle.
4. Make sure that the Oracle Driver configuration as done
through the BDE Configuration utility is correct. 5. Set up an alias that uses this driver and make sure you can connect to the database through database desktop's alias manager.

Regards,
Ro. Received on Thu Jun 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT