ASP ODBC and Oracle

From: Patrick Gaumond <patrick.gaumond_at_fsa.ulaval.ca>
Date: 1997/06/04

Here's my setup:
NT 4.0 SP3
ASP
IIS 3.0
ODBC 3.028.22
Oracle 7.3.2.0

I made some test a month ago with SQL server and everything worked fine. Now I have an Oracle 7.3 Server, trying to do the same thing with Active Server Page.

My simple ASP pageas these lines:

        <%  set myconnection = server.createobject ("adodb.connection") %>
        <% myconnection.open "sourcedsn","auser","apsswd" %>

And after that line it stops!

I got that error if I use version 2.00.0301 (2/4/97) of the Oracle driver : "MS OLE DB Provider for ODBC drivers error "80004005". Specified driver could not be load due to system error 5 (Oracle73) "

I also tried with the MS driver wich is available on the Visual Basic 5 Prof Ed. disc. It's version 2.00.006325 of the "Microsoft ODBC for Oracle" driver(1/12/97). With that driver it's worst ! The machine hang and I have to use the kill command to kill the inetinfo.exe PID !

And I looked at the Task Manager Windows and I saw the ODBC Driver as an application running ! What's that ?

Does someone have a magic formula to get this work ? No one here want me to go back to MSSQL Server...

Thanks in advance !

Patrick
Quebec City Received on Wed Jun 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT