Re: Cannot call function in query

From: Konstantin V Sartakov <skv_at_kpbank.ru>
Date: 1997/06/04

Rowan McCammon wrote:

> PL/SQL: I've declared a function in a package that simply
> returns a constant.
>
> When I use this function in a SQL query I get an error
> message that tells me something like "Cannot perform
> query as database may be updated. Cannot guarantee non-
> update."
>
> If I then define a copy of this function outside the
> package (i.e.. simply a stored function) and call it from
> within a query, the query works fine.
>
> Can anyone explain this to me?
>
> Any help appreciated,
> Rowan McCammon.

hi Rowan

 PRAGMA RESTRICT_REFERENCES(your_function, WNDS, [RNDS]);

Write this in package specification after declaration of your_function.If you call function in SELECT list,only WNDS pragma required.If your_function occurs in WHERE clause, then WNDS and RNDS keywords required.

Regards

         Konstantin V. Sartakov
                Kuzbassprombank
                       Kemerovo