Re: Files > 2Gb on HP-UX 10.20

From: Dennis Handly <dhandly_at_cup.hp.com>
Date: 1997/06/04

Gaja K. Vaidyanatha (gvaidyan_at_us.oracle.com) wrote:
: The problem is not with 7.3. The 2G limitation for a datafile
: is posed by the OS that you work with (in this case with HP-UX 10.20).
: If you work with a 32 bit OS (which I believe you are), the maximum
: amount of addressability that the OS can offer is 2G. So the datafile
: limitation comes from there.

Not quite, but it may turn out to be the same thing. 10.20 does support large files but it means that Oracle must be compiled special to take advantage of it.

I.e. some combinations of -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE, -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64, -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE Received on Wed Jun 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT