Unable to STARTUP through Instance Manager

From: Dawood Subedar <dsubedar_at_netcom.ca>
Date: 1997/06/03

I have setup Enterprise Manager on an NT 4.0 workstation to administer database instances on a Solaris 2.5. I have used the orapwd utility to setup the orapw<sid> files under $ORACLE_HOME/dbs.

I am able to access all instances via Enterpise Manager. Logging in as SYSDBA I am able to shutdown a running instance from Enterpise Manager. However I cannot write the initialization parameters to a file on the local (NT) directory. The file is always saved as 0 bytes.

I cannot also startup the instance from Enterprise Manager (probably because there are no initialization parameters and therefore remote login password file not set to EXCLUSIVE?). The startup fails with the message - MGR cannot start database and ORA 1031 - insufficient privileges.

Thanks in advance for any help. Received on Tue Jun 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT