MTS Dispatchers Spins

From: Carl Christianson <einar_at_mail.cvn.net>
Date: 1997/06/03

Hello all,
I have been working an interesting problem with the Oracle support staff and I was wondering if anyone else has encountered a similar problem.

I am running Oracle 7.3.2.3 on AIX 4.1.4. My problem is that some event occurs on the network (what I don't know) after this event the MTS portion of the listener spins. Users can still can connect via dedicated server but if they try to connect via MTS they will spin forever and never get an error message. I have turned tracing on just about every where. The only error I get is in the server side trace from sql*net (TNS 12534). Oracle is still working the issue but this smells like a bug to me. Granted whatever event on the network that causes this is an issue as well but the only way to fix this problem is bounce the listener, then everything is working. I say this is network related because I have seen two seperate RS/6000's react the same way at the same time.
Anyway if anyone has had similar problems and can shed some light I'd appreciate it. Please post replies to either this forum as my email is inoperative right now.

Thanks

Carl Christianson
DBA First Data Corp. Received on Tue Jun 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT