Re: Trace File Permissions

From: Heggelund <d92hegge_at_ix_prod.hfk.mil.no>
Date: 1997/06/03

Put this in your init.ora:

_trace_files_public=true

Rgds
Steinar Heggelund

Ed Jennings <jenningse_at_mindspring.com> wrote:
: When I turn on the trace in the init file, the trace files can't be read
: by everyone. The files have permisions of 640. I've heard that there
: is an undocumented initialization parameter that will make the files
: readable by everyone. Does anyone know what this parameter is?

: Ed
: --
: jenningse_at_mindspring.com

I'm employed in the Norwegian consulting company Opus One AS.
I have 7 years experience with Oracle products, mainly the database.
We are a small company which offers consulting services in design,
implementation and tuning of databases and applications based on Oracle.

My postings represent my opinions and they may be wrong.