Oracle server and Lotus Notes

From: Bruce Johnston <**bruce.johnston_at_msfc.nasa.gov>
Date: 1997/06/02

We currently have Version 7.3 of Oracle installed on our server along with the Oracle webserver. We are looking at the possibility of installing Lotus Domino (Lotus Notes on web). I have been talking to Lotus and IBM representatives. I have been bringing up my concern about using Oracle and SQL calls instead of their proprietary database.

I had heard about a product Domino Connect which will handle SQL calls and the Oracle database. In talking to one representative I was told that Oracle 7.3 has something called LSX which allows you to make SQL calls from Domino.

Nobody here has heard of LSX and we are very skeptical that this actually exists.

Does anybody have any info on this?

To reply via Email. Remove the two * at the front

Bruce Johnston
bruce.johnston_at_msfc.nasa.gov Received on Mon Jun 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT