Problem with user defined roles

From: Ralf Karpa <Ralf.Karpa_at_jethro-tull.cux.eunet.de>
Date: 1997/06/02

Hi!

We have a problem with user defined roles in an oracle 7.3 environment. Since we migrated the database from v7.2 to 7.3.2 (on digital unix), there is a mysterious effect in the database. We have defined roles for the user management. The users are connecting to the database via sql*net v2.3 (ops$account). Now, on 7.3, the users will "sometimes" (in fact it is not always true, so we do not know, where to search) get errors like: ORA-1045 No create session privilege. It seems, that oracle is "forgetting" the role defined rights.

So, as a workaround we granted every single right directly to ops$user; and this works.

Hope that someone can help...

Bye Ralf Karpa. Received on Mon Jun 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT